(c)2013 NPT PHOTO BY DAVID POPIEL
Chad Webb, at far right, had an early surprise birthday party at Wood Acres thanks to his
friends and parents. With him are his parents, Wayne and Susan Webb, of Newport. Cha
is a member of the band, Fifth Street Saints that is growing in popularity. The band was
in Hawaii last week so you will read more about this soon in the Plain Talk.
|Published: 6:19 AM, 12/03/2013
||Last updated: 6:20 AM, 12/03/2013
Author: Nelson Morais
Source: The Newport Plain Talk
DEL RIO-Smoke alarms saved the lives of an Alabama couple staying on the third floor of their new residence on a mountain near Round Mountain in Del Rio, on Saturday, Nov. 30, the Cocke County Fire Department reported.The
nearly completed residence was completely destroyed in a blaze that may have started in a chimney or fireplace just outside the home.The
couple, Jon and Jan Fuqua, were asleep on the third floor of the residence at 395 Kelley Road, in Del Rio, when smoke alarms in their residence went off around 1:30 a.m.The
couple said they barely escaped the blaze and suffocating smoke.For
more details, please see the Tuesday edition of the Newport Plain Talk.
Subscribe to The Newport Plain Talk by clicking SUBSCRIBE.
Sign up for Breaking News emails from The Newport Plain Talk by clicking EMAIL ALERTS and inputting
your email address next to "Add Me" near the top right corner.