(c)2013 NPT PHOTO BY NELSON MORAIS
No one was injured, but three pets died in this house fire at 542 Freeman Ave., in
Newport, on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 28. The owner, Carl R. Hoch, was not
home when a call on the fire came in at 9:42 a.m., according to the Newport Fire Department.
One surviving cat received oxygen and warmth. A second cat, found in a shower,
was cared for by the Newport Animal Shelter.
|Published: 7:04 PM, 11/29/2013
||Last updated: 7:05 PM, 11/29/2013
Author: Nelson Morais
Source: The Newport Plain Talk
NEWPORT-A house fire in the morning of Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 28, left no one injured, but three of five pets living there died, the Newport Fire Department reported.Carl
R. Hoch, owner of the single-level dwelling, was not home when the call of a fire came in to E-911 at 9:42 a.m., according to the NFD.Newport Police Department officers, who arrived on the scene first, spotted a propane tank truck parked in the driveway, and as a precaution, began an evacuation of other homes in the area.For
more details, please see the weekend edition of the Newport Plain Talk.
Subscribe to The Newport Plain Talk by clicking SUBSCRIBE.
Sign up for Breaking News emails from The Newport Plain Talk by clicking EMAIL ALERTS and inputting
your email address next to "Add Me" near the top right corner.