|Published: 7:13 PM, 02/01/2013
Author: Duay O'Neil
Source: The Newport Plain Talk
COSBY-Two Cosby High School seniors, Amber Seay, 19, and
Ashlei Salliotte, 17, were taken to Vanderbilt Burn Center following what Cocke
County Schools Safety Supervisor Casey Kelley termed a "flash of
fire" on Wednesday in the school's vocational area.
According to Kelley, the incident occurred about 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday in the shop area of the school.
Kelley, who spent Friday morning at the school with Fire
Marshall Rick Talley, a representative of Jefferson-Cocke County Utility
District, and Cocke County Schools Maintenance Supervisor Carroll Hoaglan
inspecting the area, said that his initial investigation has determined the
fire occurred after one of the girls found a cigarette lighter and lit it.
For more details, see this weekend's edition of The Newport Plain Talk.
Subscribe to The Newport Plain Talk by clicking SUBSCRIBE.
Sign up for Breaking News emails from The Newport Plain Talk by clicking EMAIL ALERTS and inputting
your email address next to "Add Me" near the top right corner.