The Newport Plain Talk
Local Sports Search Sports Archive The Running Journal SEC Sports
Obituaries Obituaries Archive
Subscribe Today! Learn More About:
Search: Recent News Archives or try Advanced Search
CURRENT CONDITIONS
Clear Clear
68 °
Click For Extended Forecast


More Jobs
In Newport, TN



choose text size bigger text smaller text

Fire severely damages residence in Bybee

Published: 9:48 AM, 12/27/2012
 

Author: Nelson Morais
Source: The Newport Plain Talk

BYBEE-A man having a Christmas dinner at a neighbor's residence stepped out on the porch to see his mother's mobile home next door on Rankin Hill Road in Bybee on fire, on Tuesday, Christmas Day, the Cocke County Fire Department reported.

No one was at home at the time of the fire, but one cat inside it died as a result of excessive smoke inhalation and heat from the blaze, a CCFD spokesman said.

Five firefighters from the CCFD responded to the blaze at 392 Rankin Hill Road after a call about the fire came in at 1:57 p.m., the spokesman said. The firefighters arrived at 2:08 p.m., he added.

For more details, please see the Thursday edition of the Newport Plain Talk.

Print This Story Print This Story Email This Story Email This Story To A Friend

Subscribe to The Newport Plain Talk by clicking SUBSCRIBE. Sign up for Breaking News emails from The Newport Plain Talk by clicking EMAIL ALERTS and inputting your email address next to "Add Me" near the top right corner.

Find more businesses on

Attorneys · Automotive · Health Care · Restaurants Retail · Services · Home & Garden · Recreation
 

GET BREAKING NEWS

Enter your email address to sign up.
Email Address:
Receive special offers from The Newport Plain Talk.


PHOTO GALLERY


RECENT GALLERIES

View All Galleries