(c)2013 NPT PHOTO BY NELSON MORAIS No one was injured, but three pets died in this house fire at 542 Freeman Ave., in Newport, on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 28. The owner, Carl R. Hoch, was not home when a call on the fire came in at 9:42 a.m., according to the Newport Fire Department. One surviving cat received oxygen and warmth. A second cat, found in a shower, was cared for by the Newport Animal Shelter.
Friday, November 29, 2013
(Last modified: 2013-11-29 19:05:32)
 
Author: Nelson Morais
Source: The Newport Plain Talk

NEWPORT-A house fire in the morning of Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 28, left no one injured, but three of five pets living there died, the Newport Fire Department reported.Carl R. Hoch, owner of the single-level dwelling, was not home when the call of a fire came in to E-911 at 9:42 a.m., according to the NFD.Newport Police Department officers, who arrived on the scene first, spotted a propane tank truck parked in the driveway, and as a precaution, began an evacuation of other homes in the area.For more details, please see the weekend edition of the Newport Plain Talk.

Copyright © 2014, The Newport Plain Talk
http://newportplaintalk.com