Tuesday, November 05, 2013
(Last modified: 2013-11-05 08:46:22)
Source: The Newport Plain Talk
Numerous Veterans Day programs are planned for the area. These include the following.
• Piney Grove Baptist Church will honor all veterans on Sunday, Nov. 10, during their 9:30 a.m. service. Dinner will be served at noon. All veterans and their families are cordially invited by Rev. Bill Murr and congregation.
• Cocke County High School Beta Club’s 14th annual Veterans Day program will begin at 10:00 a.m. in the school gymnasium on Monday, Nov. 11. Congressman Phil Roe will head the list of dignitaries. Judge John Bell will also speak. A reception for all veterans and families will follow in the school library.
• Cosby Elementary Junior Beta Club invites local veterans to have lunch with them on Monday, Nov. 11, at Cosby High School at noon, followed by a program in the school gymnasium at 1:30 p.m. for the veterans and the public. Judge John Bell will be guest speaker.
• Fox & Hounds Restaurant will host a free dinner for all veterans on Monday, Nov. 11, from 5:00—6:30 p.m. at the restaurant’s banquet hall. The dinner will be free to all veterans; adult guests are $5 (with money going to Newport AmVets Post 75); no children, please. Reservations are required. Call Willie Green (423-623-3651) or Dale Brown (865-322-0002).
• Parrottsville Elementary School will honor veterans of the Parrottsville area with a “Thank You” breakfast and program at the school on Monday, Nov. 11. Breakfast starts at 8:30 a.m. and the program will follow. Please RSVP to the school (423-623-1612) no later than Wednesday, Nov. 6.
• The Tennessee Army National Guard will have a Veterans Day celebration at the Cocke County Courthouse on Monday, Nov. 11, at 10 a.m.
• Resthaven Memorial Gardens will hold its 22nd annual Veterans Day celebration Sunday, Nov. 17, at 2 p.m. Veterans organizations, dignitaries, special performers, and other groups will honor veterans and their families.
Copyright © 2014, The Newport Plain Talk