Thursday, June 20, 2013
(Last modified: 2013-06-20 09:12:31)
 
Author: Nelson Morais
Source: The Newport Plain Talk

NEWPORT-Plans are underway for the third annual free -- that's right, free -- "Rock the Block" concert, to be held at Cocke County High School's football stadium, on Saturday, July 20.

The concert will feature a 2013 Grammy nominee, the Rhett Walker Band. They were nominated for best single this year with their song, "When Mercy Found me".

Luke Bell, again the organizer of this year's "Rock the Block" concert, said he is hoping for, and planning for, 3,500 people to attend the concert, which will again also include free food. 

Bell said that he immediately began planning this summer's concert the first day after last year's summer concert with MIKESCHAIR. He estimated 2,500 attended the 2012 concert, and that 1,500 attended the first concert in 2011.

For more details, please see the Thursday edition of the Newport Plain Talk.

Copyright © 2014, The Newport Plain Talk
http://newportplaintalk.com