Friday, February 01, 2013Author: Duay O'Neil
(Last modified: 2013-02-01 19:13:33)
Source: The Newport Plain Talk
COSBY-Two Cosby High School seniors, Amber Seay, 19, and Ashlei Salliotte, 17, were taken to Vanderbilt Burn Center following what Cocke County Schools Safety Supervisor Casey Kelley termed a "flash of fire" on Wednesday in the school's vocational area.
According to Kelley, the incident occurred about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in the shop area of the school.
Kelley, who spent Friday morning at the school with Fire Marshall Rick Talley, a representative of Jefferson-Cocke County Utility District, and Cocke County Schools Maintenance Supervisor Carroll Hoaglan inspecting the area, said that his initial investigation has determined the fire occurred after one of the girls found a cigarette lighter and lit it.
For more details, see this weekend's edition of The Newport Plain Talk.
Copyright © 2014, The Newport Plain Talk