Thursday, December 27, 2012
(Last modified: 2012-12-27 09:48:33)
 
Author: Nelson Morais
Source: The Newport Plain Talk

BYBEE-A man having a Christmas dinner at a neighbor's residence stepped out on the porch to see his mother's mobile home next door on Rankin Hill Road in Bybee on fire, on Tuesday, Christmas Day, the Cocke County Fire Department reported.

No one was at home at the time of the fire, but one cat inside it died as a result of excessive smoke inhalation and heat from the blaze, a CCFD spokesman said.

Five firefighters from the CCFD responded to the blaze at 392 Rankin Hill Road after a call about the fire came in at 1:57 p.m., the spokesman said. The firefighters arrived at 2:08 p.m., he added.

For more details, please see the Thursday edition of the Newport Plain Talk.

Copyright © 2014, The Newport Plain Talk
http://newportplaintalk.com