Friday, November 16, 2012
(Last modified: 2012-11-16 18:58:52)
 
Author: Nelson Morais
Source: The Newport Plain Talk

NEWPORT-The City of Newport's Board of Mayor and Aldermen will hold a special called meeting on Monday, Nov. 19, to consider borrowing $1.6 million for property acquisition and other municipal projects.

City Administrator Scott Collins said Thursday, Nov. 15, that about 80 percent of the loan will be used for property acquisition, and the remaining 20 percent for repairs and renovation of the Tanner Cultural Center, remodeling of City Hall, and construction of a splash park in downtown Newport.

For more details, please see the weekend edition of the Newport Plain Talk.

Copyright © 2014, The Newport Plain Talk
http://newportplaintalk.com